I am a technology enthusiast.
I enjoy writing software, tinkering with computers, and staying up to date
with the latest technology.
I like to build things and solve problems.
Specifically, I like to write software and experiment with technology so as to get a
deeper understanding of how the world works.
Computers have always fascinated me, and throughout my education,
I have gained a comprehensive understanding of how they work, inside and out.
I enjoy learning, and applying creative thinking to problems.
It is important to me to gain a full, working knowledge of an area,
which allows me to expand upon what I have learned, and apply it when appropriate.
Coming up with clean, elegant, efficient solutions is always one of my goals.
I am hardworking and motivated, as long as the work I am doing is interesting.
Aug 2008 - May 2012
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Computer Engineering
Minor in Computer Science
March 2015 - Present
June 2014 - March 2015
Rekindle, Inc. (acquired by Hubspot)
Lead Software Engineer
- Designed, built, and managed the backend services to support the Rekindle mobile application
via Google Cloud Platform.
- Built a scalable, efficient, loosely coupled micro-service backend architecture
in the face of changing and evolving requirements.
- Developed a novel contact graph storage engine with support for
normalization, prioritization, and other services.
- Performed various security analysis and data science roles.
- Main technology used:
Google Cloud Datastore.
July 2012 - June 2014
- Performed business critical data analysis, and intelligence reporting.
- Created and maintained data processing pipeline to support internal analytics
and reporting infrastructure, as well as external data access.
Ruby on Rails
- Analyzed commerce data to provide insight to enable the company to operate more
efficiently. Example projects include:
fraudulent click detection and analysis,
automated hotel price outlier detection,
revenue forecasting and reconciliation.
Cornell University CS Department
- Assisted students in learning the basics of UNIX and simple scripting using Bash and Python.
- Emphasized automating repetitive tasks, extracting information from the web, and data munging techniques.
Investment Technology Group (ITG)
Software Developer Intern
- Researched non-relational databases, and their utility in financial services
and algorithmic trading software applications. Technology used:
- Concentrated on parallelization and throughput, as well as effectively organizing, storing,
retrieving, and computing over extremely large datasets
June 2010 - Jan 2011
- Worked with senior level application and software engineers using Agile development
to write an Eclipse RCP
based data manager and front-end client in Java for the
Concorda Software Suite.
Specifically, the MAPS
and MARS products.
Check Github for my open source work
Computer Vision Cancer Detection
- Collaborated with classmates to study the effectiveness of various 3 dimensional
image processing interpolation techniques at identifying lung cancer.
- Analyzed current methods of pulmonary nodule volume estimation to find the most
effective way to characterize cancerous tumors in the lungs.
- Report Publication |
Report Poster |
Flux Pinning Spacecraft Research
- Worked with Cornell graduate and undergraduate students to design a new method of
actuating satellites and spacecraft in a zero-G environment utilizing magnetic
flux pinning with YBCO
- Design was tested on NASA's Vomit Comet.
- Worked to design a low cost, autonomous robotic vehicle to accurately detect
and facilitate the clearance of land mines in impoverished countries.
- Robot featured a high precision metal detector, custom mine detection software,
multiple cameras, and tank treads.